Traffic Alerts & Pathway Detours
As development continues in East Village, temporary traffic detours or road closures will be in place to ensure residents and visitors can move safely through the community.
Latest Traffic Alerts
Please note these continuous closures:
- Starting April 24, 6th Ave SE will be closed between 5th & 6th Streets SE for a month. Residents of FIRST condo will be able to access their parkade from 6th Street.
- The southern-most lane on 5th Avenue SE between 3rd and 4th Streets SE is closed indefinitely for construction on 5th&THIRD.
- 8th Ave cul-de-sac is closed to pedestrians as work continues on the New Central Library project. Pedestrian access is detoured along 9th Ave SE during this time. Exercise extreme caution when entering the cul-de-sac to access local businesses.
- Zoo Bridge (12 St Bridge) is closed for construction on the 12 St Bridge Replacement Project. Access to St. Patrick's Island will be maintained from Baines Bridge via Memorial Drive East.
Additionally, intermittent lane and/or road closures can be expected at the following locations:
- 3rd Street SE (3rd Street SE Streetscape Improvements)
Throughout construction, one lane of traffic in each direction will be maintained.
- 5th Street SE and 6th Avenue SE (Verve, by FRAM+Slokker)
- Confluence Way SE (Alt Hotel Calgary, by Group Germain)
- 7th Avenue SE (Hat @ East Village, by Cidex)
- 6th Avenue SE and 4th Street SE (5th & THIRD, by RioCan)